My GrandpaT always said at nearly every meal to at least one of us grandkids "Why don't you eat and leave the food alone?" Which, to a 5 yr old, is pretty confusing. I think I have it figured out, but don't tell my family. We all believe what we want about Grandpa's words of wisdom on just about everything in the world.
For me, I will simply say - it makes me wonder what in the world I really have eaten myself into...

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Post-Gall Bladder Removal...

OK, it seems I am dropping even more weight then I ever thought. I am now down to 287. Yup, that is Two hundred Eighty Seven Pounds. Down from 312. Wow. 25 lbs since what? April 22nd or so? I wish I could claim I just am really working hard and doing what is best in portions and such..that is not it at all.
It seems that since the removal of my poor blighted, stone filled, gall bladder I have Bile Salt Diarrhea. Very Common after a Cholecystectomy. There are things I will need to do to balance this, but my diet has changed considerably.
I eat smaller meals because I get full really fast now (all the bile in my tummy?). I don't eat but maybe 2 meals most days because I am not hungry most of the time either. If the diarrhea was not as uncomfy as it can be... I'd be happy to leave things as they are! Well, I have an appointment with my doc in a few weeks and we'll see what to do about this. Till then maybe I will lose another 10-20 lbs! Woo Hoo! Sorry - so bad of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment