My GrandpaT always said at nearly every meal to at least one of us grandkids "Why don't you eat and leave the food alone?" Which, to a 5 yr old, is pretty confusing. I think I have it figured out, but don't tell my family. We all believe what we want about Grandpa's words of wisdom on just about everything in the world.
For me, I will simply say - it makes me wonder what in the world I really have eaten myself into...

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Shopping with Fubs

I reallytruly love that he likes to do the grocery shopping with me. It's helpful, and nice to not HAVE to do it all by myself, then hope when I get home that he's of present mind and comes to help unload. Because he is in the car with me..and helps unload! He also does the "oops, I forgot this" running for me so I don't have to push the cart 3 aisles back to get the sugar. I also tend to stick to this list better, actually I tend to cut a lot out of the list because with him there I'm more mindful of how much I tend to stock pile just cuz I can, not because we truly need it.

but....

can I PLEASE get a trip in all by myself just once, like once every 3 months? You know the kind of grocery trip where I get to wander the aisles and see what the new products are really like and if the coupon I have is enough to make me try them. Also, if I was able to take my time like I like to do I probably wouldn't forget the sugar as much and wouldn't need to back track much, if at all. Also, Peaches could push the cart which she loves to do, but I don't let her when Fubs is with us because he has no patience for an 8 yr old and their inability to keep the aisles moving.

I just really would like that. Just once in awhile. I might get to buy a bakery box of NoBake cookies and stash them since if I make them myself...he knows it... and eats them.

No comments:

Post a Comment