My GrandpaT always said at nearly every meal to at least one of us grandkids "Why don't you eat and leave the food alone?" Which, to a 5 yr old, is pretty confusing. I think I have it figured out, but don't tell my family. We all believe what we want about Grandpa's words of wisdom on just about everything in the world.
For me, I will simply say - it makes me wonder what in the world I really have eaten myself into...

Monday, May 9, 2011

It's been too long...

I'm down 6 more lbs! Probably more since I was weighed at the ER. I went in with severe abdominal pain... Gallbladder... huge stone... sucks. Removed it...wonder how much it weighed?

Two nights in a row I suffered. It's not the first time, but it is the first time it was so bad the pain made me nauseous. So by night two I had already WebMD'd the symptoms, and dissected the self-diagnosis with my niece (aka Selly) who has had gallbladder prob's and subsequent surgery. So I knew what I was in for and knew I wasn't messin around. They would fix me or I wasn't leaving. Thank goodness I was right and the simple honest truth of my symptoms was really all they needed to know what to go ultrasounding for.. It was a pretty big stone too. I found that curling up while sitting Indian style felt best. I couldn't straighten out or lay down till they drugged me with lovely lovely Delaudid straight into my IV. Now I get why people self-medicate. My boss called at one point to check on me. I pretty much said "Hi!" "I'm on drugs" and he let me go...LOL he got a good chuckle from it when we spoke again later and I had no recollection of the first convo. Seriously...

So, Fubs brought me home aaand... the dishes were all still right where I left them, and they stayed there till I got sick of them and the newly added piles THREE DAYS LATER. Not one dish had been done. No - I didn't have to cook...but still... I had to do the damn dishes, and before you wonder too much, YES! I ASKED HIM TO DO THEM!

When I mentioned it later Saturday after moaning about over doing it he said "I didn't ask you to do them, They weren't bothering me" Huh...well glad you're the only one who lives here and has to wash a fork every time you want one for you or your kid to eat something. Glad they weren't bothering you at all, SOoooo glad you didn't get that they bothered me hence the moment the day before when I ASKED YOU TO DO THEM!!!!!!

So before yall start hissing cuz I make him out to be SUCH a bad guy and why do I stay, yadda yadda yadda. Seriously He is the best in so many ways that the really annoying domestic crap is really more fun to complain about than it really is that bad. For example - The next day, Sunday Morning? MOTHER'S DAY? He got up with my girlie, letting me sleep in. Brought me breakfast in bed... exactly what I wanted to eat, even. Then let me be lazy all day because when I got downstairs the dishes I hadn't felt up to finishing were done, the laundry had been collected and taken down (I don't like him to do laundry... we have enough clothes, it can wait till I can do it) and I was allowed to make our plans for the whole day. Lunch at his parents (mine are in Michigan, of course) and then a park so Peaches could burn off some energy. We picked up some stuff for his special ooey gooey grilled cheese sammies and headed home. He even hung out with me while I watched the shows he really doesn't like to watch. He even remembered to text my mom and wish her a Happy Mother's Day all on his own.

See? He is a gem. I just love him bunches. Life sucks right now all around for us. Finances are in the crapper, and no way out for awhile. But really? That is all! We just have to remember we are in this together. More correctly HE needs to remember that and not shut me out because he's a caveman and I'm his little woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment