My GrandpaT always said at nearly every meal to at least one of us grandkids "Why don't you eat and leave the food alone?" Which, to a 5 yr old, is pretty confusing. I think I have it figured out, but don't tell my family. We all believe what we want about Grandpa's words of wisdom on just about everything in the world.
For me, I will simply say - it makes me wonder what in the world I really have eaten myself into...

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Casserole

This afternoon I posted a mobile pic of our lunch on my FaceBook. 

Chicken Tortilla Casserole

My friend Tiff asked that I post the recipe for her.. funnily enough I made the dish a few weks ago and took pics planning to blog it eventually. So, for you my Tiff... The recipe.

 
The following recipe was given to me by a wonderful friend who made this casserole for me when Mini-Me was born. Thanks Kerry!
It is truly the yummiest, most indulgent casserole you will ever love, right up there with 
Homemade Mac & Cheese!
You will be needing Chicken Broth anyway, so... just use it to boil your chicken in instead of water. I have also cooked my chicken up in a pan with seasoning and such... but it really isn't necessary.
And of course preheat the oven to 350 degrees.


I gave this job to Mini-Me, but she had a hard time using this particular tool.. either way, cut the chicken up smaller or not - your choice!


Recipe (for a medium to large casserole):

Chicken Breasts (1 per person is what I use usually cook up)
Tortillas (1 or 2 per person)
Cheese (2 cups or more, as you wish)
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Can Ro-Tel, or other preferred diced tomatos w/chilli's
1 Cup Chicken Broth 
(I also do add ins from time to time, like Green Beans, Black Beans & Corn, Olives - whatever strikes you)



Spray your casserole dish.
Layer the Tortillas, Chicken, and Cheese.
Combine the soup, Ro-Tel, and Broth.
Pour over the layers and watch it sink in.


Mini-Me cutting up the Tortilla herself, super easy, fast and safe for young ones too!

 


Cook in the oven for 35 minutes, or until top is bubbly and the dry tips of the tortillas are browned and crispy

This is the mobile pic of the completed casserole from today. This is also twice baked. Last week I made my usual recipe and put it into two smaller dishes. We cooked both, then froze this one.
 
How I managed to not get a pic of the one we were working on a few weeks ago, I will never know., but such is life!


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment