My GrandpaT always said at nearly every meal to at least one of us grandkids "Why don't you eat and leave the food alone?" Which, to a 5 yr old, is pretty confusing. I think I have it figured out, but don't tell my family. We all believe what we want about Grandpa's words of wisdom on just about everything in the world.
For me, I will simply say - it makes me wonder what in the world I really have eaten myself into...

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I'm a Gypsy

In my heart, I feel like a Gypsy. I have moved more than the average person in my life. I went to 5 Elementary schools! Once moving across the country from California to Michigan. It took my parents till I was 16 to find the home they would live in until their retirement. I have moved out and back in to my parents home many times. I have left the state of Michigan 3 times, and left the city of Midland 3 other times, just trying to find a place I really call home. Michigan will always be home of course because even if I wasn't born here, I grew up here, and most of my family are still here. My closest friends have all got out though! However, I feel like it's normal to move around a lot. I am not sure if that is because it's how I grew up or not, my mom even grew up that way. Heck, her parents worked the circus for a time! See how I might identify with the 'gypsy' in my heart?

Let's look at this from a christian point of view (ie: my point of view) I am a gypsy even in this world. I am just moving through till God takes me home.

Found online:
"Why do Christians say that they are "not of this world"? Why do so many Christians say that they are "not of this world" or "not worldly" when they are the world? Christians make up a third of the world's population and more than 80% of the United States. If they don't like the way the world is then why don't they get together and change it?"
I'm not going to answer that myself, because honestly - I'm not that good at not being 'of this world'... I'm learning, just like most christians who are striving... we're all still learning.

From GotQuestions.org
""Question: "What does it mean that Christians are not of this world?" Answer: The phrase “not of this world” is perhaps most well-known for being a Christian apparel company (www.notw.com). But what exactly does it mean that Christians are “not of this world”? The phrase comes from John 18:36 where Jesus says that His kingdom is “not of this world.” As His followers, Christians are members of His kingdom which is “not of this world,” that is, heaven (Philippians 3:20). Yes, we are on earth for now, but our earthly lives are nothing but a vapor (James 4:14). But eternity, now that is a long time, and that is where a Christian’s focus should really be (1 Peter 5:10). The things of this world, wars, famine, suffering, poverty, etc., impact Christians and non-Christians alike. By remembering that we are “not of this world,” remembering that these things are just for a little while, we can see them in a different light. We are still in this world but we are no longer of it (John 17:14). We are still surrounded by all the horrors and tragedy of this life, but this is not our life (Philippians 3:8-14). The knowledge that we are not of this world gives Christians hope even in the darkest times (1 Peter 1:6-9); hope that this will pass and at the end of it we will be in heaven with our God, face to face forever (Revelation 21:3-4). This cracked and broken place is not where we belong, and it is not where we will stay (1 Corinthians 3:12). Christians are not of this world. We have been adopted as heirs of heaven by God Himself and that is our world, our citizenship (Titus 3:7). And in the meanwhile we wait (2 Corinthians 5:12), and we hope (Romans 5:5), and we do what we can to bring others into the “not of this world” relationship with Jesus Christ. But this world is not our home, and never will be."
 So, can you see how I feel like a gypsy? In this world, I have moved and moved and moved. And in my walk with God, I know I am a gypsy, not intended to live long in this world. I'm glad I know where I am headed though!

No comments:

Post a Comment