My GrandpaT always said at nearly every meal to at least one of us grandkids "Why don't you eat and leave the food alone?" Which, to a 5 yr old, is pretty confusing. I think I have it figured out, but don't tell my family. We all believe what we want about Grandpa's words of wisdom on just about everything in the world.
For me, I will simply say - it makes me wonder what in the world I really have eaten myself into...

Monday, September 26, 2016

The #N S V Array Tabula (my #nsv list for TBBS #7)

In the weight loss world we have an acronym you will see a lot: NSV, which means Non-Scale Victory. These are things that occur as your weight drops that has nothing to do with the actual number of your scale. I usually hashtag it, because I like to search those hashtags for inspiration...

So - here are the ones I am looking forward to (these are in no particular order... just numbered for future reference):


  1. Less luggage when I travel
  2. Riding ALL THE ROLLER COASTERS!
  3. More sleeping space on my queen size bed with my 6'4" husband
  4. My children will be affected -- in a good way. "They develop healthier eating patterns, eat healthier food," Madan tells WebMD. "A teenager is smart enough to see that if Mom or Dad is going through major surgery to lose weight, they don't want to be there themselves."
  5. Crossing my legs without needing a chair , wall, or hubs leg to prop my foot against.
  6. No longer being able to use my upper tummy as a table
  7. Jogging without dying
  8. Fitting into those Jordache jeans I STILL have.
  9. Not paying extra for Plus size clothes
  10. Shopping in non-plus size clothing stores
  11. Wearing Hubs' clothes because they are bigger, comfier, and cozier.
  12. Keeping up with my family without pain and exhaustion when we go on trips or tours.
  13. Painting my toenails without using my contortionist skills
  14. Seeing everything I am shaving without fear of falling in the shower
  15. Positions!!
  16. No more HBP meds
  17. No more CPAP
  18. My back may stay aligned longer... I love my Chiro, but it's crazy how often he has to put that ONE vertebrae pack in place.
  19. Looking great in the Jeep when we drive with the doors off... my fat won't overflow my seat anymore.
  20. Having room to wiggle when I buckle up!
  21. Sitting on Hubs lap and not worrying I'm too heavy.
  22. Hubs being able to pick me up! (Without crushing the life out of me or hurting himself).
  23. My willpower will not need to be so willful, because the changes come more naturally. I WANT to eat what is good for me, and NOT eat what is crap
  24. Look younger!
  25. more to come........
These are just the first ones off the top of my head... I will add when they appear, or I think of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment