My GrandpaT always said at nearly every meal to at least one of us grandkids "Why don't you eat and leave the food alone?" Which, to a 5 yr old, is pretty confusing. I think I have it figured out, but don't tell my family. We all believe what we want about Grandpa's words of wisdom on just about everything in the world.
For me, I will simply say - it makes me wonder what in the world I really have eaten myself into...

Friday, September 23, 2016

The Procrastination Approximation (TBBS #6)

As usual, I have gone way too long between posts and much has changed.

I didn't get in with Penn State Hershey, they were worried the distance would hinder my commitment to the necessary follow up. I did switch to Meritus WLS in Hagerstown, MD. This has been a great thing! They accepted me, and pushed me right through as if I was with them all along.
My surgery is approved by my insurance. My date and time is set.



I will be arriving at 12:00 PM and enter surgery at 2:30 PM. I'm getting a bit nervous. More because my surgeon and I don't know each other well, and he, in doing his job has expressed surprise at my choice in RNY vs VSG. He is of the opinion there is no difference in results. I see why he is of that opinion, but I don't agree with him. So... a bit of trust goes into me letting him cut me open when he says "Will you sign this form that says you want me to do VSG if the RNY is medically impossible?" Sure, of course... but what is medically impossible? How many times has that happened to you? And if I end up with sleeve, not bypass... please understand I will be seeking another opinion and revision if I can and feel it's necessary.

It's all good though... I'm ready. I'm more than ready.
I have been taking TONS of before pics. When I see someone else's after or #NSV pic, I take a before of the same thing on me so I have a reference for later.

I'm going to make two more posts this week..
One to list all my before pic ideas.
One to list all my #NSV's
And maybe a third... one lady in my Facebook group Baritastic Social wrote a great post about what to expect.


FYI:
RNY is Roux-En-Y aka Gastric Bypass
VSG is Vertical Gastric Sleeve
#NSV is Non-Scale Victory

No comments:

Post a Comment