My GrandpaT always said at nearly every meal to at least one of us grandkids "Why don't you eat and leave the food alone?" Which, to a 5 yr old, is pretty confusing. I think I have it figured out, but don't tell my family. We all believe what we want about Grandpa's words of wisdom on just about everything in the world.
For me, I will simply say - it makes me wonder what in the world I really have eaten myself into...

Friday, September 1, 2017

The Metathesiophobia Diffusion (TBBS #12)


Metawha...?? The fear of change or changing things. You'll have to figure out how to pronounce it on your own. I can't do it all for you!!

It's a real fear. I deal with it all the time. I have always been afraid of change. I certainly do not cause change except in very extreme circumstances.

This last year, I CHANGED THAT.

Almost a year ago, I walked into a hospital, signed my papers, paid my charges, and went under the knife. With that decision I cemented my desire to change my entire relationship with food, clothing stores, my body, even water! That decision has affected many aspects of my life. In my drive to face that change and therefore begin to de-fear-ize change in my life I have grown immensely. The fear of change is still a real and present fear for me, however, I am much better equipped to handle it.

In fact, Just this month I've learned how to fear-set. It's like goal setting, but with your fears. I watched an amazing TED Talks. That little video? Yeah... life changing for someone who has never known how to face fears and get past them.  TED Talks w/Tim Ferriss If you've never heard of Tim, or seen anything like this, please go watch. Do the exercise. Read the Transcript. LEARN. GROW. BE FEARLESS!

When I did the exercise, I was determined to be open, and raw. I wrote EVERYTHING that came to mind. Some things were the same fear just worded differently, or with only a small change or uptick in the worry. Some were directly related to my fears of things I could control, and others were fears that I could not control or prevent. But I got REAL. When I completed the entire exercise, all 3 pages. I then went one step further, I showed them to my husband. He was able to see how seriously I was taking all of this. He could see that the decision to make the change we're facing in our lives right now is something I deeply fear, but I am so committed to making the change that I am willing to do all I can to face it, and NOT fear it. He was also able to understand my fears better, and is now better equipped to help me prevent the potential problems from occurring, or repair the problems if they arise. 


We both found ourselves taking a deep breath, and diving in! The decision was made, and we're stepping forward, together, stronger, and able to face all coming challenges.



I may have started this journey because I wanted to have the surgery, but having the surgery projected me into a path with an ever arcing trajectory that I could not have expected. The surgery is proving to be the best decision I could have made for myself. There are changes and challenges still to come, but I'm prepared to face them.

#grateful #luvinmahlife #rockinmahbiz #bossjonesnco #notthrowinawaymyshot #riseup #work #bossbabe #imapineapple #HealthWealth2k17 #RNY #NSV #WLS #GastricBypass #FearSetting #TEDTalks #

No comments:

Post a Comment