My GrandpaT always said at nearly every meal to at least one of us grandkids "Why don't you eat and leave the food alone?" Which, to a 5 yr old, is pretty confusing. I think I have it figured out, but don't tell my family. We all believe what we want about Grandpa's words of wisdom on just about everything in the world.
For me, I will simply say - it makes me wonder what in the world I really have eaten myself into...

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I guess I don't care?

I was informed of this today - seems I don't care. Well, Eff U. I do. And what I do care about is so much more than you were referring to.

 So let's just discuss the weight. I care about mine, I care about yours, and I care about hers (her being Princess Peaches Puddin Head, aka Mini-Me). At 7 yrs old I shouldn't have to worry about hers - but I do... because the slippery slope is steep and long. I intend that she will know more about health and nutrition in her little head then anyone could ever imagine. Mostly she will never, and has never heard me rip myself up for being overweight. She knows I understand I am overweight and she knows I am worried about it. She knows this because we have talked about HEALTH. Never looks. Mommy is loving herself enough to do better, and teaching Peaches better because of how much I love her. Did I mention we don't discuss it from a body/beauty image? It's not about image... it's about being the best YOU.

This is what I choose to focus on and care about today. Not that other crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment